Starting to build your church website on www.wordpress.org Hosted site,is a great way to get started. However what do you do when your ready to move to a Self Hosted? Let's discuss this, it pretty simple for the most part.
Fully setup your Self Hosted website
- Setup a Domain Name
- Wordpress Installed
- Theme Chosen and installed
- Now access Tools->Export from the Dashboard of your www.wordpress.org Hosted site
- Select "All Content"
- Then Click "Download Export File" save this XML file to you local file system.
- Now access Tools->Import from the Dashboard of your Self Hosted site.
- Select "Wordpress"
- This will prompt you for the filename you to upload, select the file you saved in Step 4.
- Once complete all your pages, comments, and posts will now be on your new website.
This is a very simple process to make this transition, but remember it also marks a transition in the responsibility.