You want to add a Directory of your members to your Church Website, well WordPress plugin Connections is just the tool you need to do this. Install this plugin and activate it. Now your ready to make start configuring. Let's setup your Church Website with your directory!
- After installing the plugin and activating it, you need to create a page to display your directory on. Simply go to Pages->Add New and create a new page, give it the title "Directory", and leave the content empty, go ahead and publish the page.
- Add your "Directory" page to your menu to make it accessable.
- Next go to Connections->Settings.
- In the Page drop down list choose "Directory"
- Choose "Login Required" if you want users to have to register with your site, before they are able to view the directory.
- Click Save Changes to save the changes you have made.
- Click the tab named Advanced along the top.
- Select the checkboxes for Links Names and Links Telephone. This makes those useful when viewing.
At this point you have things configured. However you don't have anyone listed in your directory. You can access your directory to edit/delete individuals and families through Connections->Manage. To add someone new click on Connections->Add Entry: You can then fill out the information on the individual and finally click Add Entry to save this entry. Then simply go and check on your Directory page to view your entries.