FindBugs for Eclipse
FindBugs is a static code analyzer for Java bytecode. Static code analyzers are great in they provide feedback on problems as you develop. You would in a position to run an analysis any time you desire, and find potential probolems long before you release. A step like this early in the development cycle provides you with the ability to change a design early if needed. Now if your like me and use Eclipse as your main development environment, then you want to integrate FindBugs into your Eclipse Workspace. Follow these steps to install it:
- Help -> Install new Software
- Add a Repository "FindBugs Eclipse" and the address is: http://findbugs.cs.umd.edu/eclipse/
- Select the FindBugs Feature
- Click Next
- Click Next
- Select "I accept the terms of the license agreement"
- Click Finish
- When prompted about the plug-in not being digitally signed decide if you are willing to accept it or not. (Myself I am, but you must make this decision on your own.) Clck OK
- Click Yes to restart now.
You can specify the Preferences for FindBugs under Windows->Preferences->Java->FindBugs. In addition to run FindBugs on your project or projects, select the project/projects in Package Explorer right-click select FindBugs->FindBugs