Today I will take you through the process of creating your website on http://wordpress.com. We will use ccinkytest as our "name space"
- Launch your web browser to: http://wordpress.com
- Fill in your "Name Space" you have choosen for you church into the field above. Once enter click "Create Website"
- Now you will need to create your sign in information. Fill in the information on the page your presented with:
Now enter in your Email Address, Username, and Password. This will be your wordpress account. Keep your Password private. I recommend the following criteria to create a relatively secure password:
- Minimum one capital letter
- Minimum one lowercase letter
- Minimum one special character: !@#$%^&*()….
- Minimum one number
- Minimum eight characters in length.
- You will be told if for some reason your Username is not available.
- Scroll down to the next section
- For the "Free" website choose the "Wordpress.com Beginner" click on "Create Blog"
- Once complete you will receive:
- You have now successfully created a Free Website.
- If you take a look at yoru website now at: http://ccinkytest.wordpress.com your page will look like this:
This is your first step toward creating your website. In the next article we will cover how to adjust your information about your website.